Sunday, May 16, 2010

Bleached Crochet Coral Reef

This photograph is of the bleached crochet coral reef, currently on display at the Cooper Hewitt Design Museum. I'm finally getting a chance to think about combining my crochet with my job... librarian at the New York Hall of Science.

The Hall is hosting MAKERS FAIRE this September and inviting us to submit proposals for a Hall wide project. Creating a crochet coral reef would be sublime, but we don't have a enough needle women there. I'm thinking of proposing some kind of reef of recycled materials that we all can make in our own manner.


Postscript on July 21, 2010: Unfortunately, I am unable to create a Recycled Coral Reef for Makers Faire. They laid off my Assistant and I just don't have the time. I'll contribute my fungus and lichen instead. It's too friggin bad that it turned out this way, but Oh well...

See the section that follows this to learn more about the history of the Crochet Coral Reef...

No comments:

Post a Comment