Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Daina Taimina to come to NYSCI




Author, Educator and Crocheter, Daina Taimina, will be giving a talk at the New York Hall of Science. As Librarian there, I advocated for a visit from her and found the perfect venue... the "Staff Science Series" - grant funded professional development seminars funded by Sara Lee (yes, of cheesecake fame).
Her visit will take place sometime in the first week of April.

I told Eric, who gave me the go-ahead to invite her...
"I'm happy!"

His response: "This is all it takes to make you happy?"
Ahh...yeah!

Her book: Crocheting Adventures with Hyperbolic Planes


We saw her last year at Lion Brand Yarn Store. She is a charismatic speaker with a captivating slide show. Her math allusions (non-Euclidian geometry!) were rather challenging, but I dug the whole scene like crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment